Rotary Skate Park
The Rotary Skate Park opened in 2013 and is located at the corner of 93 Avenue and 93 Street. The parks are open seasonally from dawn until dusk. The parks are closed when wet, raining, icy, during routine maintenance, or when snowy conditions exist.
For the safety and enjoyment of all patrons, please respect the following:
- Our skate parks have been designed for all skill levels. Be courteous to other people using the skate parks and all other park patrons.
- Spectators: please watch out for flying boards and bodies
- Skate parks are designed for skateboarding, in-line skating and BMX biking only. No foot traffic, motorized vehicles or other wheeled devices will be allowed within the skate park.
- Skate at your own risk.
- Inspect the surfaces before you ride them. Remove all trash, debris and objects that may prevent a smooth, safe ride. Skate parks are not to be used if hazardous conditions exist.
- Additional obstacles such as ramps and jumps are prohibited and are not to be brought into the parks.
- Competitive or demonstration events require prior approval of the Leisure Services Department.
- Keep pets safe, leashed and outside the skating area.
- All skaters are to be respectful of others. Have fun!
NOTICE TO USERS
Our skate park facilities are unsupervised. All users of the parks do so at their own risk. Users, parents and guardians of children using the facility are advised that skating, skateboarding and rollerblading can be a hazardous activity which may result in injury to the skater. Parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s safety and for any injuries that their children may comply within the facility.
The use of protective equipment including helmets, knee and elbow pads and wrist guards is strongly recommended. Skate parks have different levels of difficulty ranging from areas for the novice to the professional skater. Skaters should know their abilities and stay within them. Skaters should be prepared for the greater risk involved before attempting a more difficult area within the park.
The City of Fort St John assumes no responsibility for any personal injury, loss or damage resulting from the use of the skate parks.