Recreation & Leisure Guide
Changes & Additions
Once the guide is published, the content does not change. All changes, additions, and cancellations are posted below and on the City of Fort St. John - Recreation Facebook page.
- Tumble Time on October 19 and 21 have been cancelled
- Bouncing Beans on October 17 has been cancelled
- October 22 Pro-D Archery at the Kids arena has been re-scheduled to take place from 12 noon - 1:30 pm
- Tumble will start on Tuesday, September 21
- The Bouncing Beans program will start Sunday, September 26
- September 24 Pro-D Day Youth Sports has been re-scheduled to take place from 1-3pm at the Kids Arena Fieldhouse
- The Hydro Rider classes originally scheduled for 6:45am, will now start at 6:30am.
- Barre Fitness classes (September - December, 2021) have been cancelled
- Country Dance Lessons (September - December, 2021) have been cancelled
- Core Restore classes (September - December, 2021) have been cancelled
- Beginning October 17, Free Petronas Skate will be 1:30pm - 2:30pm & 3:30pm - 6:30pm located on the oval. Don't forget to check in upon arrival!
About the Guide
The City of Fort St. John Recreation & Leisure Guide is a quarterly publication that highlights all programs, events, courses, and activities put on by the Recreation & Leisure Services Department. The guide also features information on parks, facility bookings, bylaws, and contains a community directory for organizations that offer specific recreation and leisure programs.
The Recreation & Leisure Guide is only available online; however, hard copies are available for viewing at the North Peace Leisure Pool and Fort St. John Visitor Centre (inside the Pomeroy Sport Centre).
Guides are released four times per year and are named in conjunction with the seasons. Program registration opens on the release date (unless otherwise noted). They are released on the following dates:
- Winter (January - March) Released December 1
- Spring (April - June) Released March 1
- Summer (July - September) Released June 1
- Fall (October - December) Released September 1
Note: if the release date falls on a weekend, the guide will be released on the following business day.