Recreation & Leisure Guide
*click the cover to view the entire guide
About the Guide
The City of Fort St. John Recreation & Leisure Guide is a quarterly publication that highlights all programs, events, courses, and activities put on by the Recreation & Leisure Services Department. The guide also features information on parks, facility bookings, bylaws, and contains a community directory for organizations that offer specific recreation and leisure programs.
The Recreation & Leisure Guide is only available online; however, hard copies are available for viewing at the North Peace Leisure Pool and Fort St. John Visitor Centre (inside the Pomeroy Sport Centre).
Guides are released four times per year and are named in conjunction with the seasons. Program registration opens on the release date (unless otherwise noted). They are released on the following dates:
- Winter (January - March) Released December 1
- Spring (April - June) Released March 1
- Summer (July - September) Released June 1
- Fall (October - December) Released September 1
Note: if the release date falls on a weekend, the guide will be released on the following business day.
Changes & Additions
Once the guide is published, the content does not change. All changes, additions, and cancellations are posted below and on the City of Fort St. John - Recreation Facebook page.
- Tumble Time runs from January 8 - March 28
- Private skating lessons (#4065) are from 6 - 6:30 pm
- Engage Sport: Try Broomball will take place Sunday, January 20
- Winter Break camp runs January 2, 3, and 4
- Food Safe (#4075) takes place March 9 - 9 am to 3:30 pm at the Pomeroy Sport Centre
- Christmas Tree Pick Up Drop you own tree off at the Grounds Building located at 9312-111 Street between January 5 - 13
Lifeguard Training and First Aid Courses
Are you interested in a career in lifeguarding or do you need first aid training?