Recreation & Leisure Guide
The June 28 Spray Park Kickoff event has be re-scheduled and will take place Wednesday, August 28 from 5-7pm. Follow the City of Fort St. John Recreation Facebook page for details about this "Spray Park Summer Send Off".
Summer Recreation & Leisure Guide
Edits & Additions
- Aug 8 9:30-11:30amPlay in the Park has moved indoors to the Kids Arena Fieldhouse due to the weather
- Stroke Correction (#4834) has a specialty drop-in fee of $14.00 dollars (space permitting)
- Parent & Child Stick & Puck takes place on Sundays starting Aug 25
- The Adult Hiking Group (#5065) to Windfall Lake has a cost of $120.00
- The Adult Hiking Group on July 6 (#5064) has been cancelled due to low enrollment
- The Youth Hiking Group on July 10 (#5068) has been cancelled due to low enrollment
- The Adult Hiking Group on July 14 (#5065) to Windfall Lake has been cancelled due to low enrollment
- The Women's Hockey Try-it Sessions on August 19 & 26 will take place from 8:15-9: 30 pm at the Pomeroy Sport Centre
- Beinnger Yoga (#5032) has been rescheduled to take place Tuesday evenings from 7:00 - 8:00 pm. Dates are September 10 - October 15.
About the Guide
The City of Fort St. John Recreation & Leisure Guide is a quarterly publication that highlights all programs, events, courses, and activities put on by the Recreation & Leisure Services Department. The guide also features information on parks, facility bookings, bylaws, and contains a community directory for organizations that offer specific recreation and leisure programs.
The Recreation & Leisure Guide is only available online; however, hard copies are available for viewing at the North Peace Leisure Pool and Fort St. John Visitor Centre (inside the Pomeroy Sport Centre).
Guides are released four times per year and are named in conjunction with the seasons. Program registration opens on the release date (unless otherwise noted). They are released on the following dates:
- Winter (January - March) Released December 1
- Spring (April - June) Released March 1
- Summer (July - September) Released June 1
- Fall (October - December) Released September 1
Note: if the release date falls on a weekend, the guide will be released on the following business day.
Changes & Additions
Once the guide is published, the content does not change. All changes, additions, and cancellations are posted below and on the City of Fort St. John - Recreation Facebook page.
Lifeguard Training and First Aid Courses
Are you interested in a career in lifeguarding or do you need first aid training?