How do I add an RSS feed to my computer?
To access our feeds in a readable format, you need an RSS reader/aggregator, here are some options:
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed Newsletters
- Use a stand-alone application on your computer
- Use a plug-in for your browser
- Toboggan Hill Off-Leash Dog Park Now Open July 17, 2020 The City of Fort St. John's 9-acre fully fenced Off-Leash Dog Park is now open. Identified as a need during the development of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan, turns a previously unused portion of Toboggan Hill Park into an exciting amenity for residents and their pets.
- 2020 BC Winter Games Generate $1.8 Million in Economic Activity July 13, 2020 Fort St. John welcomed nearly 1,500 athletes, coaches, and officials for the 2020 BC Winter Games February 20-23, 2020. Another 1,500 friends, family members and fans of the games attended to help generate nearly $1.8 million in economic activity in the Fort St. John area.
- City launches Centennial Park Festival Plaza Art Competition July 13, 2020 With support from the Fort St. John Arts Council, the City of Fort St. John is hosting a public art competition that offers local artists the opportunity to leave a lasting impression in the Centennial Park Festival Plaza.
- Construction to close portion of 92a Street July 10, 2020 Construction on the final phase of upgrades to the storm sewer system in the Mathew's Park area will see 92a Street closed between the Alaska Highway and 89 Avenue beginning Monday, July 13, 2020. This is the last major component of the Stormwater Master Plan and will also include rebuilding the road and improvements to sidewalks, trails and street lighting.
- 100 Street Corridor Project Road Closures to start July 2 June 30, 2020 Work on the first phase of the 100 Street Corridor project began this spring, and beginning July 2 will lead to the closure of 100 Street at 96 Avenue.
- City announces application process for COVID-19 Business Support Grants June 24, 2020 The City of Fort St. John, through the newly formed Mayor's Standing Committee on Community Economic Recovery, and Northern Development Initiative Trust have announced a COVID-19 Business Support Grant program. Grants will be available to local businesses and non-profits to support them in the safe re-opening by providing financial support for the necessary alterations and supplies needed to comply with Provincial orders and WorkSafe BC regulations.
- City and PRRD Announce Agreement for Festival Plaza Lands June 23, 2020 The City of Fort St. John and the Peace River Regional District have been working in partnership towards an adjustment of property lines for the Festival Plaza Development.
- City releases modified Canada Day Celebrations plans June 9, 2020 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Fort St. John is modifying the annual Canada Day Celebrations.
- Council Awards 70% of New RCMP Detachment Construction Phase One Contracts to Local Contractors June 9, 2020 At the June 8, 2020 Regular Council Meeting, Council awarded $2.9 million in contracts for the first phase of construction on the new RCMP Detachment. Over $2 million went to local contractors, representing 70% of the contracts awarded at yesterday's Council meeting. To date, 59%, or $2.1 million of work, has gone to local contractors, with construction on the project scheduled to begin as soon as possible.
- City to begin search for new City Manager May 11, 2020 Fort St. John City Council is committed to the City's succession planning program, and are undertaking recruitment for a new Chief Administrative Officer. Council aims to be leaders in our recruitment strategy and have recognized that succession planning is key to the City's success.