How do I add an RSS feed to my computer?
To access our feeds in a readable format, you need an RSS reader/aggregator, here are some options:
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed Newsletters
- Use a stand-alone application on your computer
- Use a plug-in for your browser
- City honours Richard Neufeld with Freedom of the City Award November 25, 2021 Today, at a ceremony held inside City Hall, Fort St. John City Council bestowed The Honourable Richard Neufeld with the Freedom of the City Award, recognizing his many contributions to our community.
- Mechanical Failure Closes North Peace Leisure Pool November 19, 2021 Earlier today, the controller on the main HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) unit at the North Peace Leisure Pool failed. A new controller has been sourced from Winnipeg; however, the North Peace Leisure Pool will be closed until Wednesday to allow for the controller unit to be delivered and installed.
- Santa Claus Parade Update November 18, 2021 Following extensive conversations with Santa and Mrs. Claus and Northern Health to ensure the safe delivery of the annual Santa Claus Parade, the City is presenting a reverse parade.
- Victor Shopland Announces Retirement November 18, 2021 After over three decades of service, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer Victor Shopland announced his retirement from the City of Fort St. John effective November 26, 2021.
- City announces COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement Program November 15, 2021 The City of Fort St. John has joined a growing number of neighbouring municipalities such as Prince George, Kamloops, Kelowna, Vancouver and the Capital Regional District, in its requirement for all staff, contractors and volunteers to be fully vaccinated as of January 14, 2022.
- Update regarding the North Peace Cultural Centre November 8, 2021 The Council of the City of Fort St. John and the Board of the North Peace Cultural Society have agreed to a mediation process to determine the next steps for the North Peace Cultural Centre. Together, Mayor Lori Ackerman and Board Chair Connie Surerus have issued the following joint statement.
- Remembrance Day Service November 4, 2021 While the Royal Canadian Legion is hosting the annual Remembrance Day Service on November 11, 2021, it will look slightly different this year due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Regional Leaders Statement October 27, 2021 On October 15, 6 First Nation Chiefs and 7 Mayors in the Treaty 8 region of BC (McLeod Lake/Mackenzie to Fort Nelson) met together for the first time to initiate discussions to work towards reconciliation at a community level.
- City honours Jim Eglinski with Freedom of the City Award October 23, 2021 Today, at a ceremony held inside City Hall, Fort St. John City Council honoured Mr. Jim Eglinski with the Freedom of the City Award, recognizing his many contributions to our community.
- City adjusts requirements based on new Northern Health orders October 19, 2021 Last week, the Medical Health Officer for Northern Health and the Provincial Health Officer introduced new measures for most areas of Northern Health, including Fort St. John. As we have throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the City must, under Provincial Health Orders, continue to follow the Provincial Health Officer and Northern Health guidance and directions, including these new requirements.