How do I add an RSS feed to my computer?
To access our feeds in a readable format, you need an RSS reader/aggregator, here are some options:
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed Newsletters
- Use a stand-alone application on your computer
- Use a plug-in for your browser
- Modified Santa Claus Celebrations released November 13, 2020 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Fort St. John is modifying the annual Santa Claus Celebrations.
- Remember in place this Remembrance Day November 5, 2020 While the Royal Canadian Legion is hosting the annual Remembrance Day Service on November 11, 2020, it will look slightly different this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Swimming lessons return to the North Peace Leisure Pool October 30, 2020 As we continue to move through the City of Fort St. John Recreation and Leisure Services Recovery Plan, the North Peace Leisure Pool is beginning the phased return of swimming lessons with registration opening November 2.
- Canada's Long Track Speed Skating Team Headed to Fort St. John for Training Camp October 28, 2020 Canada's long track speed skating team is set to host a two-week training camp at the Pomeroy Sport Centre in Fort St. John. The camp will run from November 1 to 15 and feature the country's top national and development team skaters, including thirteen Olympians.
- City launches Light up your Business Grant October 26, 2020 The City of Fort St. John invites downtown businesses to apply for the Light up your Business Grant. Supported through the Mayor's Standing Committee on Economic Recovery and Resiliency, the grant will support businesses and encourage residents to shop locally.
- 2021 Community Award Nominations Now Accepted October 26, 2020 Nominations are now being accepted for the 2021 Community Awards. With the success of the online 2020 Community Awards Gala, we are already planning for the 2021 Community Awards. The 2020 Community Awards Gala reached over 5,600 viewers on various social media platforms. This year's theme is Acts of Kindness: A Reflection on Covid-19 and the virtual gala will take place on April 29, 2021.
- North Peace Arena to remain closed until 2021 October 19, 2020 With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing, many sport groups modifying their season schedules, and staffing shortages, the North Peace Arena will remain closed until the end of the year. The City of Fort St. John will continue to work with user groups to ensure their ice time needs are met.
- City celebrates 10 years of the Pomeroy Sport Centre October 10, 2020 Officially opened on October 13, 2010, the Pomeroy Sport Centre has provided an unparalleled experience for residents and visitors for ten years. As Fort St. John's newest recreation complex, the Pomeroy Sport Centre continues to promote community and personal wellness and provides an attractive venue for events appealing to a wide range of interests.
- City and CDI release Energizing our Future: The Social and Economic Development Framework for Fort St. John October 9, 2020 The City of Fort St. John and the Community Development Institute (CDI) at the University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) released the Energizing our Future: The Social and Economic Development Framework for Fort St. John at a stakeholder presentation on September 30, 2020.
- Fire Prevention Week 2020 - Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen October 5, 2020 Fire Prevention Week runs from October 4 to 10, 2020, and the Fort St. John Fire Department is serving up Fire Safety in the Kitchen!