Event Partner Micro Grants
The High on Ice Micro Grants have officially closed for the 2024 event! We are working with our community partners to bring you some great Winter Fest activities!
High on Ice Micro Grants
Every year The City of Fort St. John provides ample opportunities to get out and have fun in the winter months through the annual High on Ice event! This event takes a numerous amount of dedicated staff and partnerships with local groups and businesses to be what we have become accustomed to enjoying together as a community.
Over the years, this event has grown exponentially, and as we continue to grow this event and improve processes, we are introducing a new Hight on Ice Micro Grant Program to get you and your business or group involved with some financial support from the City of Fort St. John!
The City of Fort St. John will provide a one-time micro grant of $200 dollars up to a maximum of $2,000 per business/non-profit to cover the expenses of their proposed activity. Micro grants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Community enrichment and connectedness within the City of Fort St John
- The ability to self-support your event/activity without City staff and/or resources
- Accessibility for all persons with or without mental, physical, financial, or who experience other barriers
- Proven examples of success hosting community event/activities
Benefits to your organization:
Recognition for your organization through event support and sponsorship
- Introduce new people to your business/organization
- Connect with other community members
- Encourage vibrancy throughout the community
- Introduce customers/patrons to products or services for future interactions
- Show community pride and support your customers/patrons
- Receive financial support to bring new ideas and creative opportunities in a fun and engaging setting to reduce financial burdens on our groups and businesses
- Operate a business or nonprofit in the City of Fort St. John or surrounding areas (businesses/organizations must serve the Fort St John residents)
- Hold a valid and current business license or non-profit number
- Must hold a minimum of 2 million liability insurance
- Be able to run their event/activity with no or minimal support from City staff
- Have staff/volunteers available throughout their events
Adhere to all branding and marketing guidelines provided by the City
- Provide an overview of how funds will be spent towards the success of their event
- Be willing to display additional corporate sponsorship logos during your event
- Activities must be:
- Family Friendly
- Offered between February 12 to February 19, 2024
- Completed Application, with authorized signature from your business/organization
- Copy of current copy of Liability Insurance
Apply online by January 15, 2024. Community Services staff will review each application and respond on or before February 1, 2024.
Post Event Requirements: