Motorcycle Poker Run
Thank-you to everyone that participated in the 2018 Poker Ride! Fort St John and area motorcyclists that purchased 99 poker hands, which raised $1485.00 for the Fort St John Women’s Resource Society.
The Peace Region Community to Community Poker Ride is a coordinated effort between the Visitor Centre’s in the Peace Region, (Hudson’s Hope, Tumbler Ridge, Dawson Creek, Taylor and Fort St John) that occurs annual on the third Saturday of August.
The Peace Region Community to Community Poker Ride is a unique recreational event located in the Peace Region organized for motorcycle enthusiast and planned for an enjoyable day of riding with friends, while visiting each of the Visitor Centres in the Peace region, swapping road stories and winning some great prizes.
Participants sign up for a poker hand at their local Visitor Centre and travel to other communities to receive a new card for their poker hand. Once you return to your home location you have a chance to win half the money raised. The other half is donated to a local organization.
Riders/Passengers will receive one card at each TIC (total of 6) to make up the best 5 card hand. It is not mandatory to stop at each Visitor Centre, but is recommended in order to receive the maximum of 6 cards. Determining highest and next highest poker hands will be done in accordance with standard Poker Rules.
- A registered Rider/Passenger (for each hand purchased) shall select a card from a card pile, arranged face down on a table. The Host will record the value and suit of card selected onto the Riders Registration Form and return the card, in a random fashion, back into the pile (face down). Riders/Passengers must select their own cards. One card deck will be used in each community.
- Riders are responsible to fulfill their own refueling requirements.
- The event will start at 9:00 a.m. and will finish at 5:00 p.m.
- Riders may stop for any reasons along the way including; taking photos, shopping, meal break, re-fueling, etc., however, Riders must complete the event before the designated 5:00 p.m. finish to have their poker hand counted.
- There is no prize for the fastest time completed.
- All Riders are responsible for observing all laws and ‘rules of the road’ during the Ride including, respecting Municipal and Provincial posted speed limits and laws respecting operation of motor vehicles, having proper vehicle registration, driver’s license, and insurance.
- All Riders and passengers are required to sign a Waiver at the time of the event registration.