A Subdivision Application is required for the following:
- Subdivision – for example, creating one or more new lots
- Consolidating two or more lots into one parcel
- Creating a bare land strata development
- Creating a phased strata plan development
- Stratifying a previously occupied building
- Adjusting lot boundaries (parcel line realignment)
The Approving Officer must sign off on all subdivision applications listed above. It is important to ensure that your subdivision application meets all applicable Official Community Plan, Zoning Bylaw [PDF - 31 MB] and Subdivision and Development Servicing Bylaw [PDF - 46 MB] requirements. Failure to meet any of the requirements of the abovementioned bylaws may result in your application being refused.
We recommend you contact the Planning & Engineering Department to schedule a pre-application meeting prior to submitting your application for a subdivision.
For more information about Subdivision applications and to apply, download the Subdivision Application Package. [PDF - 2 MB]