Paying your Utilities Bill

** Paying by credit card? All credit card transactions with the City are subject to a non-refundable 3.5% processing fee to cover the fees credit card companies charge the City. **

My City Hall

Sign up for an account and pay for city services without leaving your couch! Visit to pay for utility bills, property taxes, bylaw tickets, and business licenses.

In-person at City Hall

We accept Interac, Visa, MasterCard, or cheques at:

Finance Department
10631 100th Street
Fort St. John, BC V1J 3Z5

Our hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. We are closed on statutory holidays.

By mail

Mail your cheque along with the bottom portion of your utility bill to:

City of Fort St. John Utilities
10631 100th Street
Fort St. John, BC V1J 3Z5

Cheque Details

  • Include your account number on the cheque
  • Make payable to the City of Fort St. John

Payments must be received at City Hall on or before the due date printed on the front of the notice. POSTMARKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF PAYMENT. 

Dishonoured cheques constitute non-payment and will be subject to penalty, interest, and a $30.00 service charge.

Online Banking

  • Log onto online banking with your financial institution
  • If you do not have online banking, contact your bank to set it up.
  • Add the City of Fort St. John as a payee, search the word “Fort” in the payee field and look for Fort St John City Utilities.
  • Once you have located us in the list, add your account number, located at the top right of your Utilities bill:
    • For residential accounts, enter all 10 numbers without the decimal
      (for example, Account 1234567.003 equals 1234567003)
    • For commercial accounts, add two numbers in front of the 8 account numbers and enter without the decimal
      (for example, Account 12345.003 equals 0012345003)

Dispute Water Billing

Use the Water Billing Dispute Form to dispute water billing charges regarding the accuracy of an account billing, a meter testing process, or an over billing adjustment process related to the City's Water Regulation Bylaw [PDF - 2 MB].

An appeal must be made within 30 calendar days of receiving the water meter testing results or notice from the City regarding the over or under billing.

Unpaid Utilities Billing

All outstanding fees and charges on monthly Utilities Billing must be paid prior to December 31 or they will be placed on property taxes and deemed to be taxes in arrears.