The cost of organized sports can be a barrier to participation and limit the choices for some families. KidSport is a community-based sport funding program that provides grants, to a maximum of $300 per child, for children ages 18 and under to participate in a sport of their choice.
The local KidSport Chapter, North Peace KidSport, operates under the umbrella of the Fort St. John and District Sports Council and is one of 42 community chapters in BC.
The Canadian Tire Jumpstart program was created to help children participate in organized sport. Through an extensive network of local Chapters in communities across Canada, funding is available for children aged 4 to 18 to assist with registration, equipment, or transportation costs in over 70 different activities.
Apply for Funding
North Peace KidSport
- Complete the online application form or print and complete the paper application form [PDF - 289 KB].
- Ensure your application is endorsed by a financial verifier or your financial information is included.
- Send paper forms to City Hall (10631 - 100 Street, Fort St. John, BC, V1J 3Z5) or emailed to the address on the form.
- A representative from North Peace KidSport will contact you when the application has been reviewed.
- If your application is successful, cheques for funding are paid directly to the sport organization.
Please note all applications are kept on KidSport Canada's online database system.
- Complete the online application form.
- Ensure your financial information is included.
- A representative from Jumpstart will contact you when the application has been reviewed.
The success of North Peace KidSport and Canadian Tire's Jumpstart program is sustainable through grants, fundraising and receipt of donations.