Community Awards Nominations Now Accepted
February 15, 2019
Fort St. John, BC – Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 Community Awards. Seven awards categories, listed below, recognize the contributions residents make to our community and provide an opportunity to honour Fort St. John’s extraordinary citizens.
- Cultural Award – Recognizes an individual or a group for their volunteer efforts in historical, visual, performing, or literary arts.
- Recreation Award – Awarded to an individual or a group for their volunteer efforts in the promotion, organization, support, and/or motivation of sports, recreation, and leisure pursuits including healthy and active living.
- Literacy Award – Presented to an individual or group that has made an outstanding contribution towards promoting in areas including literacy, language, multiculturalism, and community issues in Fort St. John.
- Humanitarian Award – Recognizes an individual or a group of volunteers whose actions, commitment, volunteer leadership, service, and community spirit have made a difference in the lives of those in the community.
- Youth Award – Awarded to an individual under the age of 19 who has made a positive contribution to the community on a volunteer basis.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Acknowledges an individual’s remarkable contribution and dedication to the community.
- Mayor’s Citizen of the Year - Recognizes an individual that has achieved positive notoriety outside our community for their actions, recognized as a leader or role model by their peers, or has won international, national, or provincial titles or awards for their efforts.
“Our local volunteers and organizations always go above and beyond. This is an excellent opportunity to recognize a person or organization in our community who shows just how energetic they are by going that extra mile and making our community the best place to live,” said Mayor Lori Ackerman.
Nominations packages can be picked up at City Hall, the Pomeroy Sport Centre and North Peace Leisure Pool, completed online at www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019communityawards, or downloaded from www.fortstjohn.ca. The deadline for nominations is March 8, 2019.
For more information visit www.fortstjohn.ca and watch for more details about the Community Awards Gala to come out in early April.
Community Development Coordinator