Special Event Permits
Planning a special event on municipal property?
There are many events, festivals, celebrations, games and gatherings in Fort St. John that are classified as special events. Any event or activity occurring on municipal property (green spaces, parks, streets, sidewalks and parking lots) will need to submit a permit application. Permit applications should be submitted a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the event.
An application is required if:
It is a pre-planned one time, annual or infrequent event occurring activity; or involves the use of or has impact on public property, facilities, parks, sidewalks, streets, parking lots owned or controlled by the City of Fort St. John
These include, but are not limited to:
Bicycle/foot races, sidewalk sales, parades, weddings, celebrations, family reunions, fundraisers, open air concerts, car shows, and conducting commercial or business activity on City property.
Special Event Permit Process
Interested in hosting an event?
- Fill out a Special Event Permit Application Form.
- Complete the form and send via email to the firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Pomeroy Sport Centre, including the following documentation:
- Copy of insurance with the City of Fort St. John named as an additional insured. If you don’t have insurance your event may qualify for a quote through the City's third-party agent. Purchasing insurance through the City is at an additional cost.
- Emergency Response Plan: A written document stating what to do in case of emergency (injury, missing child, first aid, evacuation etc...)
- Site map: Need maps? Visit our website to download the most current maps.
- Additional Documents may be required, depending on the nature of your event activities and whether you are hosting a private or public function (worksafe clearance, traffic control plan, temporary food permit, SOCAN license etc...)
3. The Facilities Allocation Clerk will contact you via email or phone in 2 business days to discuss your event.
4. Pay the Special Event Fee $34.00
5. Once details and approvals are finalized you will receive a letter from the City of Fort St John via email.