How do I add an RSS feed to my computer?
To access our feeds in a readable format, you need an RSS reader/aggregator, here are some options:
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed Newsletters
- Use a stand-alone application on your computer
- Use a plug-in for your browser
- 100 Street Corridor Project Road Closures to start July 2 June 30, 2020 Work on the first phase of the 100 Street Corridor project began this spring, and beginning July 2 will lead to the closure of 100 Street at 96 Avenue.
- City announces application process for COVID-19 Business Support Grants June 24, 2020 The City of Fort St. John, through the newly formed Mayor's Standing Committee on Community Economic Recovery, and Northern Development Initiative Trust have announced a COVID-19 Business Support Grant program. Grants will be available to local businesses and non-profits to support them in the safe re-opening by providing financial support for the necessary alterations and supplies needed to comply with Provincial orders and WorkSafe BC regulations.
- City and PRRD Announce Agreement for Festival Plaza Lands June 23, 2020 The City of Fort St. John and the Peace River Regional District have been working in partnership towards an adjustment of property lines for the Festival Plaza Development.
- City releases modified Canada Day Celebrations plans June 9, 2020 Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Fort St. John is modifying the annual Canada Day Celebrations.
- Council Awards 70% of New RCMP Detachment Construction Phase One Contracts to Local Contractors June 9, 2020 At the June 8, 2020 Regular Council Meeting, Council awarded $2.9 million in contracts for the first phase of construction on the new RCMP Detachment. Over $2 million went to local contractors, representing 70% of the contracts awarded at yesterday's Council meeting. To date, 59%, or $2.1 million of work, has gone to local contractors, with construction on the project scheduled to begin as soon as possible.
- City to begin search for new City Manager May 11, 2020 Fort St. John City Council is committed to the City's succession planning program, and are undertaking recruitment for a new Chief Administrative Officer. Council aims to be leaders in our recruitment strategy and have recognized that succession planning is key to the City's success.
- City begins Alternative Approval Process for new RCMP Detachment April 30, 2020 The City of Fort St. John has started the Alternative Approval Process for the new RCMP Detachment. This process will allow the City to borrow up to $22,759,713 to finance the cost of construction on the new RCMP Detachment that will be repaid over a period not to exceed 20 years. This borrowing will not result in a tax increase for property owners as the loan will be repaid using lease payments received from the RCMP for the provincial portion of the building.
- Mayor Ackerman outlines City Relief, Recovery and Resiliency Plan April 22, 2020 The City of Fort St. John, as with all municipalities across Canada, is facing uncertainty about the financial effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been actively modelling, preparing, adjusting and identifying opportunities to mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, allowing the City of Fort St. John to moderate the financial impacts during these times. We also know our residents and businesses need our support, in addition to the various provincial and federal programs in place.
- City of Fort St. John rolls out COVID-19 resources April 2, 2020 The City of Fort St. John has created several COVID-19 resources to assist residents and businesses during this rapidly changing situation.
- City of Fort St. John announces further changes due to COVID-19 precautions March 26, 2020 In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, as of Monday, March 30, 2020, all City of Fort St. John buildings and offices will be closed to the public until further notice. City staff will continue to provide municipal services; however, in alternative forms, such as by email and phone.