Recreation & Leisure Guide
Changes & Additions
Once the guide is published, the content does not change. All changes, additions, and cancellations are posted below and on the City of Fort St. John - Recreation Facebook page.
- Mathews Frostival on Saturday January 22, has been modified. There will not be hot chocolate, or a bonfire. McDonald's Fort St. John, and Urban Systems have partnered with the City of Fort St. John to offer coupons (first come first serve), and there will be staff on-site from 6-8pm that will be handing out gift cards. Individuals who are there can submit photos to Facebook Recreation Page, or firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win one of gift cards.
- On January 24, Northern Vac Walking track will extend their hours to Monday - Friday from 10am - 9pm. Saturday and Sunday from 8am - 9pm.
- Birthday Parties for January are cancelled until February 16, 2022.
- Tumble Time is cancelled for the month of January and is scheduled to resume Thursday, February 17
- Bouncing Beans is cancelled for the month of January and is scheduled to resume Sunday, February 20
About the Guide
The City of Fort St. John Recreation & Leisure Guide is a quarterly publication that highlights all programs, events, courses, and activities put on by the Community Services Department. The guide also features information on parks, facility bookings, bylaws, and contains a community directory for organizations that offer specific recreation and leisure programs.
The Recreation & Leisure Guide is only available online; however, hard copies are available for viewing at the North Peace Leisure Pool and Fort St. John Visitor Centre (inside the Pomeroy Sport Centre).
Guides are released four times per year and are named in conjunction with the seasons. Program registration opens on the release date (unless otherwise noted). They are released on the following dates:
- Winter (January - March) Released December 1
- Spring (April - June) Released March 1
- Summer (July - September) Released June 1
- Fall (October - December) Released September 1
Note: if the release date falls on a weekend, the guide will be released on the following business day.