Recreation & Leisure Guide
*click the cover to view the entire guide
Edits & Additions
- Multi-Instructor Aquafit on National Health and Fitness Day on June 1 will now be 1pm - 2pm at the North Peace Leisure Pool.
- POUND Fitness (#4496 & 4497) has been cancelled
- Yoga Fitness Instructor Course will take place June 8-11 (Saturday-Tuesday). To register visit https://courses.brenda-adams.com and click on “Yoga Fitness Course”.
- Bike to Work will take place from May 27 - June 2 (with the celebration station taking place May 31)
- Ballet Lessons (#4500) has been caneclled due to low enrollment
- BaLetics (#4502) has been cancelled due to low enrollment
- Strength & Stretch (#4501) has been cancelled due to low enrollment
- Jazz Class (#4499) has been cancelled due to low enrollment
- Adult Multi Sport League (#4363) has been cancelled due to low enrollment
About the Guide
The City of Fort St. John Recreation & Leisure Guide is a quarterly publication that highlights all programs, events, courses, and activities put on by the Recreation & Leisure Services Department. The guide also features information on parks, facility bookings, bylaws, and contains a community directory for organizations that offer specific recreation and leisure programs.
The Recreation & Leisure Guide is only available online; however, hard copies are available for viewing at the North Peace Leisure Pool and Fort St. John Visitor Centre (inside the Pomeroy Sport Centre).
Guides are released four times per year and are named in conjunction with the seasons. Program registration opens on the release date (unless otherwise noted). They are released on the following dates:
- Winter (January - March) Released December 1
- Spring (April - June) Released March 1
- Summer (July - September) Released June 1
- Fall (October - December) Released September 1
Note: if the release date falls on a weekend, the guide will be released on the following business day.
Changes & Additions
Once the guide is published, the content does not change. All changes, additions, and cancellations are posted below and on the City of Fort St. John - Recreation Facebook page.
Lifeguard Training and First Aid Courses
Are you interested in a career in lifeguarding or do you need first aid training?