EVACUATION ALERT #1 - Stoddart Creek Wildfire
May 15, 2023
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the City of Fort St. John at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC). The BC Wildfire Service has recommended an evacuation alert as a result of the Stoddart Creek Wildfire (G80291).
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the City of Fort St. John has issued an Evacuation Alert for ALL PROPERTIES IN THE CITY OF FORT ST. JOHN.
EVACUATION ALERT #1 - Stoddart Creek Wildfire [PDF - 642 KB]
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
This is the time to GET PREPARED to leave your home on short notice. You should be prepared for a potential evacuation order by:
- Locate all family members or co-workers and designate a Reception Centre outside the evacuation area should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Pack essential items for a quick departure, such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (such as insurance, passports, birth certificates, banking and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents, cell phone and charger and, if time and space permits, personal keep sakes.
- Prepare to move any disabled persons, children, or neighbours if assistance is required.
- Prepare to take pets with you, including pet care items (leash, carrier, food).
- Arrange to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. Fill your gas tanks of your personal vehicles.
- If you need transportation assistance from the area, please call 250-794-5174.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, Reception Centres will be opened if required.
- Monitoring news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres.
Further information about evacuation alerts and orders will be issued at www.fortstjohn.ca, and wildfire updates are posted at www.bcwildfire.ca.