City adjusts requirements based on new Northern Health orders
October 19, 2021
Last week, the Medical Health Officer for Northern Health and the Provincial Health Officer introduced new measures for most areas of Northern Health, including Fort St. John.
As we have throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the City must, under Provincial Health Orders, continue to follow the Provincial Health Officer and Northern Health guidance and directions, including these new requirements.
Based on this recent order, which will remain in effect until November 19, 2021, visitors and participants will be required to show their BC Vaccine Card and government-issued photo identification at City recreational facilities for the following activities:
- Adult or all-age programs and events (for people over the age of 12)
- Spectators for all programs, events and practices at all recreational facilities
- Using concession seating areas in all recreation buildings
- Volunteering for programs and events (officials and coaches exempt)
Proof of vaccination is NOT required for the following:
- Organized sport and programs for children and youth (21 years of age and under)
- Public skating and Northern Vac Track services
- Aquatic programs, including swimming lessons and public swimming
- Before and after school programs
- Teachers and instructors providing education activities
- Language and employment courses and training
- Government activities and services, including Council Meetings
The BC Vaccine Card includes a secure, individualized QR code and an image showing whether a person is "vaccinated" or "partially vaccinated." People can get their BC Vaccine Card online at gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard. You are encouraged to save or print your BC Vaccine Card to avoid wait times.
As a reminder, based on Provincial Health Orders masks continue to be required for all people 5 years of age and older in all indoor City facilities when not engaged in physical activity.
For more information about the impact of these orders on municipal operations, visit www.fortstjohn.ca/EN/main/community/covid-19-municipal-updates.html.