Toboggan Hill Off-Leash Dog Park Now Open
July 17, 2020
The City of Fort St. John’s 9-acre fully fenced Off-Leash Dog Park is now open. Identified as a need during the development of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan, turns a previously unused portion of Toboggan Hill Park into an exciting amenity for residents and their pets.
Funded through a combination of Peace River Agreement funds and the Federal Gas Tax Fund, this space includes a new parking lot with over 30 stalls, lighted multi-surface trails, benches and picnic tables, three size-separated areas, multiple double-gated entrances, and a dog water fountain.
“Through positive community input, Fort St. John residents can now enjoy a previously unused portion of Toboggan Hill Park. Council and staff are committed to building a community our residents are proud to call home,” stated Mayor Lori Ackerman.
It is important to remember the following Off-Leash Dog Park etiquette:
- Dogs must be accompanied by people
- Maintain verbal control of your dog at all times
- Dogs must wear a collar or harness – no spike, prong, or pinch collars allowed
- No aggressive dogs – this includes posturing or mounting behaviour
- If your dog gets in a fight, exchange contact information and leave the park
- Dogs must be licensed and immunized
- No dogs in heat allowed
- Monitor un-neutered dogs closely
- Children under 10 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Use caution bringing food into the park and leave glass at home
250 794 3313