City Recreational Facilities Preparing to Re-open
September 1, 2020
After more than five months of closures due to COVID-19, the City of Fort St. John recreational facilities will be open to the public beginning September 8, 2020, with enhanced safety protocols to ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
The following COVID-19 procedures apply to all facilities, and some facilities may have additional precautions or procedures:
- Review and understand the COVID-19 Recreation Procedures
- Follow the instruction of signage and workers throughout all recreational facilities
- Remain at least 2 meters apart from others not within your household or immediate contacts
- Bring any health and safety concerns to the attention of a City employee
- Cover mouth and nose with elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
- If you are feeling unwell, or have travelled outside the country, stay home
Due to the decreased capacity of all City facilities and to ensure we comply with all Provincial Health Orders, facilities users must pre-book their swim or skate times in advance. Users must call the Pomeroy Sport Centre at 250 785 4592 or the North Peace Leisure Pool at 250 787 8178 to book their time slot, up to one day in advance; however, online booking is coming soon.
With the re-opening of recreational facilities, the City is moving into Phase 3 of the Recreation and Leisure Services Recovery Plan. Recreational Programming will be introduced progressively with essential registered programming, such as first aid and lifeguard training courses, first. Monthly recreational programming calendars can be found at www.fortstjohn.ca/recreation-programs.
Confirmed Recreational Facility Opening Dates:
- Pomeroy Sport Centre and Visitor Centre - September 8, 2020
- Kids Arena Fieldhouse - September 8, 2020
- North Peace Leisure Pool - September 19, 2020
- North Peace Arena - October TBA
250 794 3313