Community Awards Nomination Deadline Extended
March 8, 2019
Fort St. John, BC – The nomination deadline for the 2019 Community Awards has been extended until March 20, 2019, at 4 pm. There are seven awards categories, listed below, that recognize the contributions residents make to our community and provide an opportunity to honour Fort St. John’s extraordinary citizens.
- Cultural Award – Recognizes an individual or a group for their volunteer efforts in historical, visual, performing, or literary arts.
- Recreation Award – Awarded to an individual or a group for their volunteer efforts in the promotion, organization, support, and/or motivation of sports, recreation, and leisure pursuits including healthy and active living.
- Literacy Award – Presented to an individual or group that has made an outstanding contribution towards promoting in areas including literacy, language, multiculturalism, and community issues in Fort St. John.
- Humanitarian Award – Recognizes an individual or a group of volunteers whose actions, commitment, volunteer leadership, service, and community spirit have made a difference in the lives of those in the community.
- Youth Award – Awarded to an individual under the age of 19 who has made a positive contribution to the community on a volunteer basis.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Acknowledges an individual’s remarkable contribution and dedication to the community.
- Mayor’s Citizen of the Year - Recognizes an individual that has achieved positive notoriety outside our community for their actions, recognized as a leader or role model by their peers, or has won international, national, or provincial titles or awards for their efforts.
Nomination packages can be picked up at City Hall, the Pomeroy Sport Centre, North Peace Leisure Pool, completed online at www.surveymonkey.com/r/2019communityawards, or downloaded from www.fortstjohn.ca.
Community Development Coordinator