2022 General Election
General Voting Day for the 2022 General Local Election is Saturday, October 15, 2022.
City of Fort St. John eligible voters will vote for:
- One (1) Mayor
- Six (6) Councillors
- Three (3) School District 60 Board Trustees
- Four (4) proposed Peace River Regional District service functions
- August 2, 2022 - Notice of Nomination [PDF - 242 KB]
- September 9, 2022 - Declaration of Candidates [PDF - 279 KB]
- September 20, 2022 - Declaration of Election by Voting [PDF - 280 KB]
- September 20, 2022 - Notice of Election by Voting [PDF - 195 KB]
Submitted Nomination Documents
Below is a list of submitted nomination documents, in the order, they were received. Learn more about the candidates by viewing the Candidate Profile Guide.
Candidates for Mayor
Candidates for Councillor
- Sarah MacDougall [PDF - 609 KB]
- Jim Lequiere [PDF - 671 KB]
- Gord Klassen [PDF - 646 KB]
- Lyle Goldie [PDF - 955 KB]
- Amy Cox [PDF - 781 KB]
- Gary Patara [PDF - 930 KB]
- Byron Stewart [PDF - 792 KB]
- Trevor Bolin [PDF - 680 KB]
- Tony Zabinsky [PDF - 665 KB]
- Morgan Robinson [PDF - 770 KB]
From September 2 to 13, we want you to tell your social network why you vote by posting a 10-20 second video message to Facebook or Instagram.
Participants who post their video with the hashtags #findyourwhy and #cityfsj, plus give the City permission to use their video in our elections marketing, will be entered for a chance to win $250 in gift cards to Fort St. John grocery stores.
Smartphone video tips:
- Film your video in a vertical format
- Be close to the camera - frame yourself so that just your head and shoulders are visible
- Project your voice!
- Don’t film in a windy or noisy location
Contest rules (the fine print):
- Must be voting age (18 years of age or older)
- Videos must be posted set to “public” and include the campaign hashtags so City staff can find and view your video.
- City staff will reach out through social media to confirm your permission for use of the video in future election marketing.
- Participants must live in the Fort St. John region and, if selected, must be able to pick-up prizes in person.
- Due to elections advertising rules, videos of individuals who submit Nomination Papers in any 2022 Local Government Election are ineligible to participate.
|March 8, 2022||Last day to meet the 6-month BC residency requirement for candidates submitting nomination documents on September 9, 2022|
|March 11, 2022||Last day to meet the 6-month BC residency requirement for candidates submitting nomination documents on the extended deadline of September 12, 2022 (if required)|
|April 14, 2022||Last day to meet the 6-month BC residency requirement for registering on general voting day (October 15, 2022)|
|August 30, 2022||Nomination period begins at 9 am|
|September 9, 2022||Nomination period ends at 4 pm – Declaration of Candidates to be announced|
|September 13, 2022||4 pm deadline for the challenge of nominations|
|September 16, 2022||4 pm deadline for candidates to withdraw|
|October 5, 2022||Required advance voting opportunity (according to legislation) - 8 am to 8 pm|
|October 12, 2022||Advance voting opportunity (according to bylaw) - 8 am to 8 pm|
|October 13, 2022||Special Voting Opportunities at Senior Care Facilities|
|October 15, 2022||General voting day - 8 am to 8 pm|
|October 15, 2022||Deadline to receive mail ballots|