100 Street Corridor - Phase 2
Start Date: Spring 2021
End Date: Fall 2021
The second phase of the 100 Street Corridor project includes the upgrading of the below and above-ground upgrades on 100 Street between 96 Avenue and 99 Avenue.
Beneath 100 Street, the 80-year-old water, sanitary, and storm sewer pipes need replacement. On the surface, the entire roadway and sidewalks will be reconstructed to reflect a high-quality urban design to match the vision created in the 2019 100 Street Corridor Plan and design charrette.
You will see features such as:
- Wider sidewalks to accommodate pedestrians and winter snow management
- Boulevard trees with an automated irrigation system
- New benches and furnishings
- Decorative lighting which improves visibility, but also helps create a safer street
- Left-hand turn lanes to make vehicle movements easier
- Dedicated space for roadway snow storage