Business Licence Fees
How much does a business licence cost?
- Regular Commercial Business Licence: $150.00
- Inter-Community Business Licence (in addition to a Regular Commercial Business Licence): $130.00
- Home Occupations Business Licence: $125.00
- Mobile Vendor Business Licence: $125.00
- Secondary Suite Business Licence: $75.00
- Temporarty Business Licence (28 Days): $75.00
- Business Name Change: $25.00
The licencing term in bylaw No. 2563, 2021 has been adjusted to a January 1 - December 31 term to align all business licences on the same renewal schedule.
How do I pay for my business licence?
- Payment can be made in person (no cash) at :
- Planning & Engineering
The Beaton Building - First Floor
10003 – 110 Avenue
Fort St John, BC
- City Hall
10631 – 100 Street
Fort St. John, BC
We accept debit, credit card (subject to 3.5% processing fee), or cheque.
- Or by completing the Credit Card Authorization Form [PDF - 178 KB] and submitting electronically to the Finance Department or Planning & Engineering Department.
- Or pay through to online Banking:
- If you do not have online banking, contact your bank to set it up.
- Add the City of Fort St. John as a payee, search the word 'Fort' in the payee field and look for "Fort St. John Acct. Receivables".
- Once you have located us in the list, add your account number, account number is your business licence customer ID.
(for example, ABCDE001)
Will I be reimbursed for part of my licence fee if my business closes before the end of the year?
Licence fees are non-refundable.
What happens if my business changes or moves?
Business licences are non-transferable. For information on moving or changes to your business licence please visit the Changes to your Business Licence page.