Planning an event?
There are many events, festivals, celebrations, games and gatherings in Fort St. John that are classified as special events. Any event or activity occurring on City owned property (green spaces, parks, streets, sidewalks and parking lots) will need to submit a permit application. Permit applications should be submitted a minimum of 30 days (4 weeks) prior to the event. The person signing the application form is responsible for ensuring that all conditions are met.
An application is required if:
- It is a pre-planned one time, annual or infrequent event occurring activity; or
- Involves the use of or has impact on public property, facilities, parks, sidewalks, streets, parking lots owned or controlled by the City of Fort St. John
These include, but are not limited to:
- Bicycle/Foot races, Sidewalk Sales, Parades, Weddings, Celebrations, Family Reunions, Fundraisers, Open Air Concerts, and Car Shows.
Special Permit Process:
1. Fill out a Special Permit Application Form (located at the bottom of this page)
2. Complete form and send via email email@example.com or drop off at the Pomeroy Sports Centre, Attn: Facility Allocations Clerk
3. The Facility Allocations Clerk will contact you via email or phone in 48 business hours to further discuss your event.
4. Once details and approvals are finalized you will receive a letter from the City of Fort St John via email.