The Northern Vac Track is a 340 meter rubberized track which includes heated tubing throughout to help climate control. The track features three lanes to cater to walkers/joggers/runners who may want to go slow, medium pace, or fast! The track continues to be a popular feature all year around. Programming initiatives have included various corporate and community walking challenges as well as the newest addition of Stroller Fit for moms. The track is free for the public to enjoy. Our operating hours vary during the year.
Northern Vac Walking Track Hours
Summer Hours May (Victoria Day) to September (Labour Day)
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Closed all Statutory Holidays
Winter Hours Sept – May
Monday to Friday: 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Closed all Statutory Holidays
Join us inside for walking programs on our new Northern Vac Track! Completely free of charge, our track will offer climate controlled walking and running opportunities to all ages.
Our track also allows for exclusive use bookings for a fee. Because of this, please watch for notifications to changes in the public walking schedule.
Exclusive track bookings are available from 5:00 am – 6:00 am, Monday to Friday, and 6:00 am – 9:00 am and 9:00 pm – 10:00 pm on weekends. Exclusive use of one lane (the inside lane) can be booked during normal track hours, with the remaining two lanes open to the public. All fees for exclusive track use can be found in the City's Community Services Fees and Charges Policy.
If you are interested in booking the track for your group, contact the Pomeroy Sport Centre.
Northern Vac Track Rules
- All patrons shall obey the directions of the Attendant or they may be asked to leave the facility.
- Absolutely no climbing on, over or leaning against the railings.
- Patrons wishing to run shall do so on the innermost lane. Slower patrons should use the outer lane. Please follow the suggested speeds labeled on the lanes.
- No food or gum or drinks (with the exception of water) on the track.
- Appropriate and clean walking/running footwear must be worn. Boot covers are available.
- No standing around or sitting on the track - keep moving or move to the outer lanes when safe to do so. The track is not to be used for spectators of events below.
- Patrons must travel in the same direction around the track as described on the signage.
- Children 8 and under must be accompanied by a guardian 16 years of age or older. All children under 3 must be within arm's reach at all times.
- Registered service animals only. No other pets allowed.
- Bikes, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, "Heelies", or similar are not permitted.
- The Attendant or Facilities Staff shall have the authority to restrict public access to the facility at any time, if in their sole discretion, the facility occupancy load is met or if it is believed that public safety could be jeopardized.