This program is designed to provide children 9 to 11 years of age with the necessary skills and knowledge to be safe and responsible when home alone for short periods of time. It will help them understand how to prevent problems, handle real-life situations, and keep them safe and constructively occupied. The program focuses on group discussions, problem solving, role-playing, and instructor-led demonstrations. The Student Reference Book is designed to allow the program participants to actively participate in class assignments. It provides a review of the program material, as well as additional information that will be of value to the students.
Upon the completion of this program, each child will to able to:
- Establish a daily routine
- Manage their time more efficiently
- Identify what responsibilities they have while being home alone
- Demonstrate what to do in case of an emergency and how and when to call 911
- Understand the basics of first aid procedures
Pre-registration is required, so call the North Peace Leisure Pool at 250-787-8178