2018 City of Fort St. John Election
- March 13 -- Last day to meet 6-month BC residency requirement for candidates submitting nomination documents on September 14, 2018
- March 16 -- Last day to meet 6-month BC residency requirement for candidates submitting nomination documents on extended deadline of September 17, 2018
- April 19 -- Last day to meet 6-month BC residency requirement for registering on general voting day (October 20)
- July 27 -- Nomination packages will be available at City Hall or online at fortstjohn.ca
- August 5 -- First day for giving notice of nomination period
- August 29 -- 7 to 9 pm Candidate 101 Workshop
- September 4 -- Nomination period begins at 9 am
- September 14 -- Nomination period ends at 4 pm
- September 18 -- 4 pm deadline for challenge of nominations
- September 19 -- Last day to meet 30-day jurisdiction residency / property ownership requirement for registering on general voting day (October 20)
- September 21 -- Last possible day to for candidates to withdraw – 4 pm
- October 10 -- Required advance voting opportunity (according to legislation) - 8 am to 8 pm at the Fort St. John Legion
- October 17 -- Advance voting opportunity (according to bylaw) - 8 am to 8 pm at the Fort St. John Legion
- October 18 -- Special Voting Opportunities at Senior Care Facilities and Hospital
- October 20 -- General voting day; 8 am to 8 pm at the Fort St. John Legion
- November 5 -- Inaugural Council meeting at 5:30 pm with Oath of Office
Mail-in Ballot Information
Electors may apply vote by mail if they:
- have a physical disability, illness or injury that affects their ability to vote at another voting opportunity, and
- expect to be absent from the City of Fort St. John on general voting day and at the times of all advance voting opportunities.
Municipal Voting Opportunities
Youth Colouring and Writing Contest
The Youth Advisory Council is hosting a colouring and writing contest for children and youth of Fort St. John, to help promote the election in October!
Children ages 3 to 12 can participate in a Colouring Contest and one lucky recipient can win a FREE Birthday Party Bouncer Package at the Kids Arena Field House; while, youth Ages 13 to 18 can participate in a writing contest where they let YAC know “the biggest issue YOUth face in the community”, and how they would fix it! One lucky recipient in the older age group could win a FREE Archery Tag Package at the Kids Arena Field House.
Interested in Running for Council?
Nomination Packages can be picked up at City Hall or downloaded here.
For further information regarding Fort St. John's municipal elections, please contact:
Janet Prestley, Chief Election Officer
- Telephone: 250-787-8153
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Howes, Deputy Chief Election Officer
- Telephone: 250-787-5796
- Email: email@example.com