2017 CITY OF FORT ST. JOHN BY-ELECTION
- February 4 -- Last possible day to meet the 6 month BC residency requirement for candidates seeking nomination (unless nomination period is extended)
- February 8 -- If nomination period is extended, last possible day to meet 6 month BC residency requirement for candidates seeking nomination
- March 7 -- Last possible day to meet 6 month BC residency requirement for registering on general voting day
- June 23 -- First day for giving notice of nomination period
- July 25 -- Nomination period begins at 9:00 a.m.
- August 4 -- Nomination period ends at 4:00 p.m.
- August 8 -- 4:00 p.m. deadline for challenge of nominations
- August 9 -- Last possible day to meet 30 day jurisdiction residency/property ownership requirement for registering on general voting day
- August 11 -- Last possible day to for candidates to withdraw – 4:00 p.m.
- August 30 -- Required advance voting opportunity (according to legislation)
- September 6 -- Advance voting opportunity (according to bylaw)
- September 9 -- General voting day
It is proposed that September 11 will be the date to make the declaration of official election results.
The deadline date for judicial recount applications would be September 18.
A special council meeting will have to be scheduled for September 19 or later in that week to allow the newly elected Councillor to take his/her oath of office.
The by-election will be held at the Pomeroy Sport Centre.
For further information regarding Fort St. John's municipal elections, please contact:
Janet Prestley, Chief Election Officer
- Telephone: 250-787-8153
- Email: email@example.com
Laura Howes, Deputy Chief Election Officer
- Telephone: 250-787-5796
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org